Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1 pound okra
- 1 medium onion
- 4-5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- jalapeno, optional
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Cut the both ends off each okra, and then cut them in two halves longitudinally. Mix them with lime juice in a bowl.
2.Cut peeled onion into two halves then each half into longitudinal slices.
3. Put the oil in a sauce pan , add chopped garlic & ginger and fry for one minute. Then add onion. Fry all these together till onion becomes very light brown (4-5 minute).
4.Stir in okra mixture. Sprinkle salt to taste, and add chopped jalapeno (optional).
5. Cook for 8-10 minutes, but stir after every 1-2 minute till okra is tender.
6.Sprinkle freshly ground pepper on top.
Serve as side dish or with vegan bread.
Preparation time: 15 mintues
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|