Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1/2 cup (86 g) flaxseed
- 3/4 cup (102 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100 g) vegan sugar
- 2 teaspoon Rumford baking powder (no aluminum) **
- 1 tablespoon lecithin granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (60 g) English walnut pieces, chopped
- 5/8 cup (153 g) vegan soymilk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (225 g) mashed ripe bananas
1) Grind the flaxseeds.
2) Premix the dry ingredients.
3) Premix the wet ingredients.
4) Quickly, mix the wet with the dry ingredients. Use only enough strokes to wet the batter (12..18).
5) Quickly, spoon batter into muffin cups.
6) Bake muffins at 350°F for 30 minutes (preheated oven).
** It's important to use Rumford or other calcium phosphate baking powder (especially when using non calcium fortified soymilk). The high calcium content of the baking powder assists in forming the muffins supporting structure.
Serves: 6 large muffins
Preparation time: 50 minutes including baking time
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|