Just Like Tacos
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1 roll soy taco filling (I use Melissa's)
- 1/2 package soy cheddar, shredded
- 12 count package of 100% sprouted grain tortillas
- 2 large or 3 small roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion ,chopped
- 1 small handful of cilantro, chopped small
- 1 jalopeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 or 2 cups of shredded lettuce (whatever kind you like)
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
Heat the soy taco in a skillet according to the package directions. While it is heating, chop and mix the tomatoes, pepper, onions and cilantro.
Warm the tortillas slightly in microwave between some damp paper towels to keep them from drying out too much. Assemble like a traditional Tex-Mex taco... meat, vegan cheese, fresh salsa mix and then piled up with lettuce. Serve with the lime wedges for personal taste.
I experimented with the soy cheddars to find a good one, and I sometimes substitute green bell pepper for the hot pepper. This is a great dish to serve carnivore dinner guests.
Serves: 12 tacos
Preparation time: 20 minutes or less
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|