Easy Mexican Beans and Rice
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 3 cups cooked rice (1 cup raw)
- 1-2 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, sliced
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can mexican-style stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
While rice is cooking, chop vegetables and canned tomatoes. Saute onion and garlic in minimal amount of olive oil until soft. Add squash, and continue cooking until squash is done to your liking. Add remaining ingredients; mix well and heat through. Serve garnished with jalepeno slices, if you like.
Preparation time: 25 min.
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|