Farfel Pudding a la Blanche
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 2 1/2 cups matzo farfel
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar
- 1 stick non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- 1 can crushed pineapple ( drained)
- 2 apples -peeled, sliced thin
- a dash vanilla extract
- Ener-G Egg Replacer -- equal to 4 eggs
- water-enough to cover farfel.
- 3tablespoon cinnamon or to taste
Pour boiling water over farfel, then pour away.Mix all ingreds. in bowl, put into greased pan. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.(Mom Blanche says vegan sugar, too)
Bake one hour and 15 min. at 350 degrees.
Your nutritive gains here will be the fiber and minerals from the fruit- if you use FRESH.
The other gains seem to be strictly psychological.
P.S.-- I have no idea what region this is from- i'll try to find out. Educated guess: Eastern europe, russia...
Preparation time: 10 min., before baking
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|