Grilled Portobello with Basil Mustard Sauce
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 4 Portobello Mushroom Caps (or as many as you want to serve)
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Tofu vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh bazil, chopped
- Juice of one Lemon
- 1 tablespoon vegan Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to Taste; a dash of cayenne
- Whole Wheat vegan buns
Steep minced garlic in oil for at least an hour and up to 6 hours or so.
Meanwhile, Mix the mayonaise, basil, lemon, mustard, and salt and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
Fire up the grill. Brush portobello caps and whole wheat buns with garlic oil. Brill portobello caps, about 4 minutes on each side. Grill buns until toasted. Serve mushrooms on buns with the basil mustard sauce; put fresh basil leaves on the sandwich if you want to ...
Very good, very popular!
Preparation time: 30 min
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|