Amazing Veggie Pasta Sauce
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 1/2 a chopped eggplant (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- olive oil or extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed if available)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 250g of any Italian pasta (spaghetti, shells or spirals)
1. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and add onion. When onion has been fried for a few minutes, add zucchini and put the lid on.
2. Boil some water and add the pasta. Keep an eye on it while doing the other steps and remember to turn it off and drain when it's done.
3. When zucchini has cooked and onion has browned add mushrooms. Mix the crushed garlic with a tiny bit of olive oil and add to the fried vegetables. Stir in the coriander and once the mushroom is completely cooked turn the heat off.
4. Add the can of dried tomatoes and cooked pasta. Add the spices and stir until the sauce is hot.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|