Aunt Jane's Secret Recipe Salsa
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 2 8oz cans ROTEL (canned mixture of chopped tomatoes and chilies--it's quite hot)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted & crushed
- 6 cloves (or more!) garlic, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped small
- 4 scallions, including greens, minced
Mix everything together, and refrigerate in a closed container. the longer this stuff stews in the fridge, the BETTER it tastes!!!
Although I don't like to use canned stuff too often, this recipe is very quick and easy, and the yumminess of all the other fresh ingredients (particularly the fresh cilantro and freshly-ground cumin) make up for the canned tomatoes. Nothing like fresh salsa!
Preparation time: .5 hour
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|