Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1 whole eggplant, diced
- 4 tablespoon (or less) olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed & minced
- 1 med white onion, chopped
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 fresh green peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 six oz. cans tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoon tamari
- 1 package of vegan Fettucini noodles
Sprinkle the eggplant with sea salt and let it sit for about half and hour.
Boil the Fettucini with a dash of salt till it's ready, then take it out and strain it. Mix in 2 tbsp olive oil.
Saute the garlic and onions in olive oil for about ten minutes. Add all the rest of the ingredients, except the Fettucini noodles, and let them simmer for about an hour. Serve over the noodles.
Notes: Still good after freezing. You can leave out the apple juice, but the recipe will loose some pizzazz. I use six cloves of garlic because I like things really garlicky. The recipe will taste okay with only three cloves.
Preparation time: 1- 1 1/2 hours
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|