Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1 lb pasta (linguini works well)
- 1 large can tomatoes (you can use whole tomatoes, but crush them)
- 3 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinager (or to taste)
- seitan, pepperoni style (amount according to individual taste)
- Fresh bazil (Five or so leaves)
1. Mince garlic and basil and slice or chop seitan
according to what you like for texture. Combine and sautee
in several tablespoons oil.
2. Before garlic browns, add crushed tomatoes.
3. Stir, and bring to a simmer. Add some of the vinager.
Note: The vinager acts sort of like vegan red wine in the sauce,
and seems to be a decent substitute for people who don't
have access to alcohol, like in school.
4. Start boiling pasta.
5. Cook sauce for about 20 minutes, or longer (stirring once in a while), to get all the flavors mixed. Add rest of vinager about five or so minutes before the end.
6. Sauce should be rather generously poured over the pasta, and enjoyed.
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|