Dina's Delicious Olivespread on Sandwiches for Shabbes
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- olives without kernels, green or black or both
- some tablespoons of capers
- soaked sundried tomatoes (you could do with tomato/paste too)
- 1 clove of garlic (or more)
- rind and juice of one lemon (green lemon tastes better)
- virgin olive oil of a good quality
- fresh thyme
- fresh basil
- fresh grounded black pepper and/ or even a red chili pepper
- salt to taste (not necessary)
- Challe or slices of vegan bread
Put the olives, capers, soaked tomatoes, garlic, rind and juice of lemon in food processor and mix, but not too much, you should still be able to see small pieces of olives. Add, while mixing in the food processor some olive oil, untill the mixture is smooth enough to use as a spread. Then add thyme and/or basil (fresh tastes so much better) and black pepper, and perhaps the chilli pepper. Probabely you do not need any additional salt.
If you make this the day before, it tastes yummier, as the flavours mix.
I usually make this for Shabbes and we eat it on Challe and it seems I never make enough.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|