Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1-2 small onions (I used 1 yellow & 1 red)
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 small tomatoes (I prefer Romas)
- 2+ cloves of garlic (to suit your tastes -- I used 4)
- olive oil (enough to sauté with)
- 1 lb. vegan chicken-style seitan
- 1 bottle of barbeque sauce (or prepare your own BBQ style sauce)
- Optional: toast or vegan buns
This recipe is quick, easy, and tasty, and can be modified to suit your own taste -- you can add additional veggies or use tofu or tempeh in place of the seitan.
Slice the onions and add to a fairly large pan, along with olive oil; sauté until softened. While the onions are cooking, chop the remaining veggies to desired size. Once the onions are softened, add the rest of the veggies to the pan, and sauté 3 minutes or until they soften a bit. While the veggies are cooking, cut the seitan to desired size; add the seitan to the pan. Pour the barbeque sauce into the pan, mix, and simmer 10-15 minutes to allow the BBQ flavor to be absorbed by the seitan. Add any additional seasonings to taste.
Serve alone, on sandwich buns, or over toast for an open-faced sandwich.
Preparation time: 15 mins
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|