Amy's Simple Tofu Macaroni
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1/2 lb. tofu
- 1-16 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 cup dried macaroni
- celery salt, paprika, oregano and marjoram to taste
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan red wine
- nutritional yeast, to taste
1. Heat Oil in skillet. Add vinegar, vegan wine & soy sauce.
Cube tofu and add, stir frying for 10 minutes.
2. Boil water & cook macaroni as package directs.
3. Add spices to tofu mixture, and stir fry for 5 more minutes.
4. When macaroni is ready, add canned tomatoes to tofu mixture, and crush them.
5. Serve tofu mixture on top of macaroni and sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
Preparation time: about 1/2 hour
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|