Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1 block of regular Tofu, extra-firm
- your favorite vegan BBQ sauce
- 2 med onions
- any other sandwich fixings
1) On the day before you want to eat your BBQ, put the tofu in freezer .... I find by freezing the tofu, it has a more meaty texture. On the next day, thaw tofu and squeeze out all the water.
2) Slice it into what ever size you like.
3) Cover bottom of casserole dish with your favorite BBQ sauce. Put tofu in and coat with BBQ sauce.
4) Cook BBQ Tofu on 350 for 25 minutes, covered.
5) Uncover BBQ Tofu, and cook for 25 more minutes. Let cool.
6) Saute onions. When BBQ Tofu has cooled, eat as a sandwich with lettuce tomatoes
Preparation time: 1 hour 15 minutes
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|