Deviled Tofu Scramble with Portabello Mushrooms
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 1 12oz box firm Mori-Nu tofu, pressed & crumbled
- 1 6oz pkg. baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- prepared yellow mustard (French's does just fine)
- several sprays of Braggs Liquid Aminos
Saute bell pepper & mushrooms in a non- stick pan, coated with non-stick spray until tender. Spray several times with Braggs Liquid Aminos to taste. Crumble tofu, and add to veggie mixture. Add mustard (I didn't use an exact measurement, but it might amount to 1/8 to 1/4 cup of mustard). Add dill weed. Mix thoroughly, and heat through.
This recipe is reminiscent of deviled eggs with my own twist to make it into a breakfast scramble or sandwich filling.
Preparation time: quick
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|