Forks High Warm Tofu Salad
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- Mixed lettuce - rocket, baby spinach, cos etc
- Red cabbage, sliced very thin
- Carrot, sliced long and thin
- Asparagus, blanched
- Green beans, blanched
- Salad onion
- Green capsicum - grill, peal off skin, slice in strips
- Avocado, snow peas, bean sprouts, or whatever other salad ing.
- 3 heaped tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons minced chili or sambal oelek
- 1+1/2 tablespoons vegan brown sugar
- 1+1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped lemongrass
- 250g (firm) tofu, chopped into bits approx 2cm x 1cm x 1/2cm
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 onion
- Handful of cashews
Method: Mix together peanut butter, chili, vegan sugar, soy sauce, water, coconut cream and lemongrass in saucepan. Bring to boil then simmer for a few minutes. Keep warm.
In frypan, heat a little oil and fry garlic and the half onion. Add tofu and a dash of soy sauce. Fry until tofu has browned a little. Add cashews and fry for a minute. Add in the chili/peanut sauce.
Mix salad ingredients together. Put a bed of salad on each plate. Place the tofu saucy mixture on top of salad.
Serve with your forks held high! Delightful!
Preparation time: 20 mins
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|