Absolutely Amazing Stuffed Artichokes
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 4 artichokes (leaves closed preferred)
- 2 small firm organic zucchini
- 1 medium organic carrot scraped clean
- 1/2 small apple
- 2/3 cup vegan white vegan bread crumbs (you can cut your own bread crumbs)
- 1/2 -1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 mild cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground pink pepper corns
- salt to taste ground ginger (just a smidge)
- zest of 1 large lemon
- olive oil
This is a warm mildly sweet filling that complements the natural flavor of the artichoke.
Peel apple, grate zucchini, apple, carrot and mix in lemon zest. Combine dry ingredients. Mix all together in a big bowl add some olive oil about 2 tbsp. Mix it baby yeah!
Snip off pointy ends of artichoke leaves, Careful!! Cut off top most part of artichoke with a sharp sharp knife. (It's to hard to snip the close together petals, ouchie!!) Cut off the long stems at base (make sure the artichoke sits flat and doesn't wobble to much).
Stuff the artichoke top with the mixture. If you can't stuff the top, put about a teaspoonful sized pinch of the mixture in each leaf.
Place in wide pot w/ lid about two inches full with boiling water cover & steam for 40 minutes at low flame (check water level periodically).
They're so GOOOOOODDDD!!!! yum
Preparation time: 50 min
|Send recipe to a friend.||Printer friendly version|